OnlyFans Revenue Skyrocketed by 2,000% in Three Years and Hit $5.5B

Published September 18, 2023

Over the past six years, OnlyFans has become one of the fastest-growing social media platforms and one of the best-performing companies in Europe. Today, the platform has 210 million registered users and more than 2.1 million content creators, despite the criticism and controversies. This massive user base continues driving impressive revenue growth for the UK-based company.

According to data presented by, OnlyFans revenue skyrocketed by nearly 2,000% in just three years and hit $5.5bn.

Annual Revenue Jumped 20x Since 2019, US the Largest Market

Although OnlyFans was launched in 2016, its popularity exploded in 2020 and 2021 amid the COVID-19 lockdown. The platform is basically a marketplace for adult performers who upload their material and keep 80% of the revenue. The remaining 20% goes to OnlyFans. Despite the company’s claims that it allows celebrities to monetize their social media following, the site’s main attraction remains adult content.

But, in spite of the criticism and controversies, OnlyFans has seen its revenues skyrocket in the past three years. The annual report of OnlyFans` parent company, Fenix International, showed the platform grossed $290 million in 2019.

A year later, this figure surged by a whopping 715% and hit $2.2bn, the biggest year-over-year increase in the platform’s history. As the number of OnlyFans content creators and users continued surging, so did the revenues. Statistics show 2021 also witnessed a triple-digit growth rate, with revenue jumping by 118% year-over-year to $4.8bn. This figure continued rising and hit $5.5bn last year, showing a massive twenty-fold increase since 2019.

The United States is, without a doubt, Only Fans` largest market, generating four times higher revenue than Europe. Last year, the platform reported net revenue of $732.7 million in the US market, way above the $160 million that came from European users.

More than One Billion Monthly Visits

Besides impressive revenue growth, OnlyFans has also seen its website traffic surge in the past year. According to Seemrush data, the platform saw an average of one billion monthly visits in 2023, way up from roughly 750,000 reported in September last year.

Users from the United States make up 40% of the site’s total monthly web traffic, with close to 430 million monthly visits. Canada ranked as the second-largest market, with 57.7 million monthly visits. Mexico, the United Kingdom, and India follow, with 55.2 million, 54.3 million, and 38.6 million monthly visits, respectively.

Statistics also show that OnlyFans currently ranks as the seventieth most visited website globally, showing a slight drop compared to previous months.

Jastra Kranjec

Jastra is an editor, writer, and PR specialist with years of experience in news, research, and report writing. Over the years, she has covered different topics and markets, including social media, digital content, the creator economy and the entertainment industry.