OnlyFans is one of Europe’s Fastest-Growing Companies with a Compound Annual Growth Rate of 317%

Published March 27, 2023

Over the past six years, the UK-based content creators’ platform, OnlyFans, has seen its business thrive, despite the criticism and controversies. With more than 170 million registered users and over 1.5 million content creators, OnlyFans has become one of the fastest-growing social media platforms and one of the best-performing companies in Europe.

According to data presented by, OnlyFans is one of Europe’s fastest-growing companies, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 317% between 2018 and 2021.

The Sixth Most Successful UK Company on FT 1000 Listing

in just six years, OnlyFans has become one of the most financially successful British tech start-ups succeeding where other more mainstream companies have failed.

The platform acts as a marketplace for adult performers, who upload their material and keep 80% of the revenue. The remaining 20% goes to OnlyFans. Despite the company’s efforts to claim its platform allows celebrities to monetize their social media following, the site’s main attraction remains adult content.

Despite the criticism and controversies, OnlyFans has seen its revenues skyrocket in the past two years. According to the seventh annual FT 1000 ranking, compiled by Financial Times and Statista, the company sits in a high eleventh place in the 2023 ranking, with a compound annual growth rate of 317% between 2018 and 2021.

The platform was the sixth of eleven UK companies that made it to the latest FT 100 listing, placing behind brands like Tripledot Studios, Marshmallow, Silverstream Technologies, Gift& Co, and Onto. Statistics also show this is the second time OnlyFans ranked on FT 100 listing. In 2021, the company ranked as Europe’s fourth fastest-growing company, with a CAGR of 393% between 2017 and 2020.

OnlyFans Annual Revenue Surged 300x in Five Years

Over the past years, the creator or influencer economy has boomed, enabling individual creators, influencers, podcasters, TikTokers, and YouTubers to make six-figure earnings from their businesses.

As one of the highest-grossing companies in the creator economy, OnlyFans is the perfect example of this growth. Back in 2017, the company made $2.65 million in revenue, according to FT 1000 data. By the end of next year, this figure almost quadrupled to $10.6 million. Still, that was nothing compared to the growth in the past three years.

In 2020, OnlyFans grossed $316.7 million from its business. The company’s revenue skyrocketed to $804.8 million in the next twelve months, or 300 times more than in 2017.

Jastra Kranjec

Jastra is an editor, writer, and PR specialist with years of experience in news, research, and report writing. Over the years, she has covered different topics and markets, including social media, digital content, the creator economy and the entertainment industry.